26. His wife is quite lazy. Her reluctance to wash her own clothes is a case _____ point.
27. His work is only _____, certainly not distinguished.
28. Hot metal _____ as it grows cooler.
29. Housewives who do not go out to work often feel they are not working to their full _____.
30. How close parents are to their children _____ a strong influence on the character of the children.
D. to have
31. I _____ with thanks the help of my colleagues in the preparation of this new column.
32. I always _____ what I have said.
A. get to
B. see to
C. lead to
D. hold to
33. I am not used _____ to like that.
A. to being spoken
B. to speak
C. being spoken
D. to speaking
34. I am sorry that I must _____ your invitation owing to a previous appointment.
35. I appreciate _____ to your home.
A. to be invited
B. to have invited
C. being invited
D. having invited
36. I can _____ some noise while I'm studying, but I can't stand loud noises.
A. come up with
B. catch up with
C. put up with
D. keep up with
37. I cannot give you _____ for the type of car you sell because there is no demand for it in the market.
A. an expense
B. a charge
C. a purchase
D. an order
38. I didn't quite _____ to what you had said. Would you mind repeating it?
A. catch on
B. get hold
C. catch up
D. go on
39. I didn't say anything like that at all. You are purposely _____ my idea to prove your point.
40. I felt somewhat disappointed and was about to leave, _____ something occurred which attracted my attention.
41. I have the honor of introducing to you Mr. Alan, who will _____ you on his recent tour abroad.
42. I have two boys but _____ of them likes sweets.
43. I like to go to the cinema when I am in the _____ for it.
A. more than to go
B. than going
C. rather than to go
D. more than going
44. I regret _____ so much time and money on stamps.
A. to waste
B. for wasting
C. having wasted
D. at wasting
45. I was greatly disappointed _____ that affair.
46. I would like to have a talk with him _____ his convenience.
47. I'd rather you _____ those important documents with you.
A. don't take
B. didn't take
C. won't take
D. not take
48. If a couple are divorced and their child lives with his mother, he is said to suffer from lack of _____ love.
49. If English is not our first language you can often be puzzled by ways of expression that the native speaker of English does not even have to _____.
A. think out
B. think about
C. think over
D. think for
50. If it _____ too much trouble, I'd love a cup of tea.
D. hadn't been
26-30 AA A AA 31-35 DD A AC 36-40 CDACC 41-45 ABDCB 46-50 BBCBA