考试类型 考试时间 试题数量
a）词汇 20分钟 20-25
b）阅读理解 30-35分钟 20-30
c）写作 30分钟 1
d）听力 20分钟 20-25
e）口语 10-15分钟 3-4
年级 考试时间 试题数量
10、11年级 45分钟 30
12年级 45分钟 30
further adj. vt.
【例】Kant believed that a successful joke involves the controlled release of nervous energy.
revolutionary adj. n.
complete adj. vt.
【例】It was a very expensive and time-consuming process that took around six months to complete.
【例】Johnson only received payment for his Dictionary on its completion.
suit v. n.
【例】Latin was suitable for an international audience of scholars, whereas English reached a socially wider, but more local, audience.
【例】Most comedians use personal situations as a source of humour.
【例】Researchers claim that the human personality is formed during the first two years of life.
【例】It would be best to attempt to slow down economic growth.
alternative n. adj.
alternate adj. v.
experiment n. vi.
Consider the following 2 logical statements: （1）If the length of XY is 4, then the length of YZ
is 7. （2）The length of YZ is NOT 7.
If these statements are both true, then the length of:
F. XY is NOT 4
G. XY is 7
H. YZ is 4
J. YZ is NOT 4
K. YZ is 7
1.____ all behavior is learned behavior is a basic assumption of social scientists.
B) That nearly
C) It is nearly
D) When nearly
2. On cloudy nights it is not possible to see the stars with ____ eye.
3. During the storm we took ____ in the doorway of a shop.
4. The ship’s captain and members of the ____welcomed us on board.
5. At the first ____ of twelve everyone stopped for lunch.
6. The map was drawn to the standard____ of 1/100,000 so there was not much detail.
7. Her skirt had been so ____ in packing that she had to iron it before going out.
8. We are taking ____a collection to buy flowers for John because he is in the hospital.
9. It’s not what she says that bothers me. It’s the reason she says it. You’ve got to read ____ the lines with her.
10. I mistook you ____ your brother.
C) to be
11. I am easily hurt because my feelings are very ____.
12. The medical record shows that it was the drug, not the disease, ____ killed him several years ago.
A) the effects of which
B) the effects of it
13. What you have done is ____ the doctor’s orders.
A) attached to
B) responsible to
C) resistant to
D) contrary to
14. You can’t see through a telescope unless it is ____ correctly to your sight.
15. An ambulance must have priority as it usually has to deal with some kind of ____.
16.____ nothing more to discuss, the secretary-general got to his feet, said goodbye and left the room.
A) There was
C) There being
D) As there being
17. I ____you that the machine will arrive next week.
18. Many new ____ will be opened up in the future for those with a university education.
19. His discovery counts ____nothing though he tried very hard.
20. He has never felt himself so powerfully ____to the scientific ideal.
21. If you don’t put the food in the refrigerator, it may go ____.
22. If this university ____ such a good reputation, I would not have come here.
A) didn’t have
B) hadn’t had
C) doesn’t have
D) hasn’t had
23. He agreed with the plan in ____, but thought that in practice it would not work.
24. If only we ____ then the disease was curable.
B) could know
C) had known
D) would have known
25. The weather is highly ____ at this time of the year and it is hard to know what to wear.
1. B 2. A 3. B 4. B 5. B 6. D 7. A 8. B 9. C 10. A 11. C 12. D 13. D 14. C 15. C 16. C 17. C 18. A 19. B 20. D 21. C 22. A 23. D 24. C 25. C
26. Our company decided to ____ the contract because a number of the conditions in it had not been met.
27. Eminent physicists from all over the world came to the U.S. to ____ the centennial（一百周年）of A. Einstein’s birth.
28.Not until midnight ____him in the hotel.
A) we found
B) we did find
C) found we
D) did we find
29. I could just see a car in the distance, but I couldn’t ____what color it was.
A) make out
B) look to
C) look out
D) take in
30. High in the sky a ____ of birds was flying southward.
31. Although ____ Spanish, he attended the course
A) he was knowing
B) he is knowing
C) having a knowledge of
32. You ____that letter to James. However, you didn’t.
A) ought to write
B) ought to have written
C) should write
D) should be writing
33. Joseph was very lucky____ with his life; he almost did not get out of the room.
A. to escape
B. to have escaped
C. to escaping
D. to be escaping
34. Bread and butter____ liked by Westerners.
35. The back garden of our house contains a lawn,____very pleasant to sit on in summer.
A. which is
B. which it is
C. it is
D. where it is
36. He set up in business ____ his own and was very successful.
37. John’s score on the test is the highest in the class; he ____last night.
A. must study
B. should have studied
C. must have studied
D. is sure to study
38. Frank almost never received any education, ____?
A. would he
B. did he
C. didn’t he
D. wouldn’t he
39. Even if his letter ____tomorrow, it ____too late to do anything.
A. will arrive...is
B. should arrive...were
C. arrives...will be
D. arrives...would be
40. We can hear ____from the back of the room.
A. just as good
B. just as easy
C. just as well
D. easily as well
41. To obtain a satisfactory result, one must apply two ____of paint on a clean surface.
42. The small mountain village was ____ by the snow for more than one month.
A. cut back
B. cut out
C. cut off
D. cut away
43. Miss Green was ____ $100 for driving after drinking.
44. Modern ____ perhaps causes more problems than it solves.
45. Mary tiptoed over and took the clock away because she hated to hear it ____ when she was trying to go to sleep.
46. Under this ____ pressure some of the rocks even became liquid.
47. Of course, most immigrants did not get rich overnight, but the ____ of them were eventually able to improve upon their former standard of living.
48. Nancy was surprised that they have ____. They seemed to be a happy couple.
A. split up
B. broken down
C. fallen through
D. knocked out
49. The beach is in an ideal ____ to draw tourists.
50. Our ____ sensitivity decreases with age. By age 60, most people have lost 40 percent of their ability to smell and 50 percent of their taste buds.
26-30 DCDAB；31-35 CBBAA；36-40 CCBCC；41-45 ACABC；46-50 CCABD
1. The eldest child is thoroughly ____ because they always give him whatever he wants.
2. If a substance is dissolved in water or heated, it may ____ a gas.
A. give into
B. give over
C. give off
D. give away
3. His manner was so pleasant that Bolla felt at ____ with him at once.
4. —Can you take the day off tomorrow?
—Well, I’all have to get ____from my boss.
5. The ____in Janet’s character has hindered her from advancement in her career.
6. As a _____ actor, he can perform, sing, dance and play several kinds of musical instruments.
7. As a salesman, he works on a (an) _____ basis, taking 10% of everything he sells.
8. As an excellent shooter, Peter practiced aiming at both _____ targets and moving targets.
9. As teachers we should concern ourselves with what is said, not what we think _____.
A. ought to be said
B. must say
C. have to be said
D. need to say
10. As the plane was getting ready to take off, we all _____ our seat belt.
11. At first, the speaker was referring to the problem of pollution in the country, but halfway in her speech, she suddenly _____ to another subject.
12. At no time _____ other countries.
A. China will invade B. will invade China C. will China invade D. invade will China
13. Be here on Friday _____ the latest.
14. Because the whole country is in a financial dilemma, the government calls on us to _____ economy.
15. Before he started the work, I asked the builder to give me an _____ of the cost of repairing the roof.
16. Beryl hardly ever goes to _____ the cinema.
A. neither the theatre or
B. either the theatre nor
C. neither the theatre nor
D. the theatre or
17. Beside being expensive, the food tastes _____.
B. too much bad
C. too badly
18. Britain's press is unusual _____ it is divided into two very different types of newspaper: the quality press and the popular press.
A. in how
B. in what
C. in which
D. in that
19. By moving the radar beam around slowly in circles, we can _____ the surroundings.
20. Cancer is second only _____ heart disease as a cause of death.
21. Care should be taken to decrease the length of time that one is _____ loud continuous noise.
A. subjected to
B. filled with
C. associated with
D. attached to
22. Careful surveys have indicated that as many as 50 percent of patients do not take drugs ______ directed.
23. Changing from solid to liquid, water takes in heat from all substances near it, and this ______ produces artificial cold surrounding it.
24. Charles can't go to work today because he _____ a cold.
25. Charles has not the least ______ of giving up his research.
1-5 BCCAC 6-10 BBAAC 11-15 BCABB 16-20 CDDAB 21-25 ADAAA
今天AEAS考试网为AEAS考生们带来2016年AEAS 听力解析 ，希望可以帮助广大AEAS考生轻松备考AEAS考试。
录音数量 ： 三段
每段录音的题目数量 ：平均 10 - 12 题
②考查能力 ： Notes Taking （记笔记）
通过分析AEAS 7-9年级、11-12 年级听力试卷，可以看出，在考核学生的三篇听力文段中，会有一篇的“专业性”较强。 7-9年级的是关于“音乐”，11-12 年级的是关于“生物”。而这一篇也是学生普遍反映最难的一篇，基本第一遍听后，只能回答一至两题，甚至一题都答不出来。
1. He finished _____ in the 1,500-meter run.
D. No. one
2. He has been asked to account _____ his absence.
3. He has failed me so many times that I no longer place any _____ on what he promises.
4. He is _____ the run from the police.
5. He is an artist with seemingly unlimited _____.
6. He knows the rules but does not know how to ______ it.
7. He made a ____ inspection of the doors and the windows before leaving.
8. He made such a _____ contribution to the university that they are naming one of the new building after him.
9. He must have had an accident, or he _____ then.
A. would have been here
B. had to be here
C. should be here
D. would be here
10. He often sat in a small bar drinking considerably more than _____.
A. he was in good health
B. his health was good
C. his good health was
D. was good for his health
11. He pointed out that the living standard of urban and _____ people continued to improve.
12. He said nothing at all, but his eyes spoke _____ him.
13. He took me _____ task for not doing it.
14. He used examples to _____ his argument.
15. He was here _____ the stroke.
16. He was one of the greatest writers _____ had ever lived.
17. He would try to ingratiate himself _____ his clients in order to earn more money.
18. Her address made a great impression _____ the audience.
19. Here is one of the most interesting novels that _____ been published _____ the war.
A. has ... after
B. have ... after
C. have ... since
D. has ... since
20. His companions have threatened to _____ his crimes to the police.
21. His extravagance reduced him _____ for his living.
A. to beg
B. from begging
C. to begging
D. into begging
22. His death _____ with age.
23. His long service with the company was _____ with a present.
24. His novel _____ some light on life in China in Ming Dynasty.
25. His tastes and habits _____ with those of his wife.
1-5 CCADC 6-10 ACBDA 11-15 DCACA 16-20 CBDCD 21-25 CABCC
26. His wife is quite lazy. Her reluctance to wash her own clothes is a case _____ point.
27. His work is only _____, certainly not distinguished.
28. Hot metal _____ as it grows cooler.
29. Housewives who do not go out to work often feel they are not working to their full _____.
30. How close parents are to their children _____ a strong influence on the character of the children.
D. to have
31. I _____ with thanks the help of my colleagues in the preparation of this new column.
32. I always _____ what I have said.
A. get to
B. see to
C. lead to
D. hold to
33. I am not used _____ to like that.
A. to being spoken
B. to speak
C. being spoken
D. to speaking
34. I am sorry that I must _____ your invitation owing to a previous appointment.
35. I appreciate _____ to your home.
A. to be invited
B. to have invited
C. being invited
D. having invited
36. I can _____ some noise while I'm studying, but I can't stand loud noises.
A. come up with
B. catch up with
C. put up with
D. keep up with
37. I cannot give you _____ for the type of car you sell because there is no demand for it in the market.
A. an expense
B. a charge
C. a purchase
D. an order
38. I didn't quite _____ to what you had said. Would you mind repeating it?
A. catch on
B. get hold
C. catch up
D. go on
39. I didn't say anything like that at all. You are purposely _____ my idea to prove your point.
40. I felt somewhat disappointed and was about to leave, _____ something occurred which attracted my attention.
41. I have the honor of introducing to you Mr. Alan, who will _____ you on his recent tour abroad.
42. I have two boys but _____ of them likes sweets.
43. I like to go to the cinema when I am in the _____ for it.
A. more than to go
B. than going
C. rather than to go
D. more than going
44. I regret _____ so much time and money on stamps.
A. to waste
B. for wasting
C. having wasted
D. at wasting
45. I was greatly disappointed _____ that affair.
46. I would like to have a talk with him _____ his convenience.
47. I'd rather you _____ those important documents with you.
A. don't take
B. didn't take
C. won't take
D. not take
48. If a couple are divorced and their child lives with his mother, he is said to suffer from lack of _____ love.
49. If English is not our first language you can often be puzzled by ways of expression that the native speaker of English does not even have to _____.
A. think out
B. think about
C. think over
D. think for
50. If it _____ too much trouble, I'd love a cup of tea.
D. hadn't been
26-30 AA A AA 31-35 DD A AC 36-40 CDACC 41-45 ABDCB 46-50 BBCBA
26. Columbus' decision to sail west to reach the East _____ on his belief that the earth was round.
27. Despite the wonderful acting and well-developed plot the _____ movie could not hold our attention.
28. Difficulties can _____ a person's best qualities.
A. bring up
B. bring out
C. bring about
D. bring to
29. Doctors sometimes _____ old cures when modern medicine doesn't work.
A. fall on
B. fall down on
C. fall back on
D. fall in upon
30. Does brain power _____ as we get older? Scientists now have some surprising answers.
31. Doing your homework is a sure way to improve your test scores, and this is especially true _____ it comes to classroom tests.
32. Don't worry. The company will _____ all your expense.
33. Eventually, people spread throughout the continent, ______ the entire species.
A. wiping out
B. wiping away
C. wiping off
D. wiping up
34. Experts say walking is one of the best ways for a person to ______ healthy.
35. Faced with the ______ difficulties, they are determined to carry on their program.
36. Fewer and fewer of today's workers expect to spend their working lives in the same field, ______ the same company.
A. all else
B. much worse
C. let alone
D. less likely
37. Flying in an airplane was once thought to be an impossible ______.
38. Fresh vegetables are straight from the ______ and raw vegetables are ______.
39. From this material we can _____ hundreds of what you may call direct products.
40. Fruit is cheapest _____ season.
41. Fruit pickers are paid at the _____ of '4.00 an hour.
42. Fumes from the exhaust of an automobile are ______.
43. George wasn't in class today, Professor Brown excused him ______.
A. from attending
B. of attending
C. to attend
44. Class will _____ at a high temperature and will be in a liquid condition.
45. Hamlet _____ his father's death on his uncle.
46. He _____ tennis every day since he ______ sixteen.
A. has played... is
B. played... has been
C. was playing...has been
D. has been playing...was
47. He appeared _____ with our team's performance.
B. to be satisfying
C. to satisfy
48. He believed that the greatest of his _____ was that he'd never had a college education.
49. He delivered _____ orders for a Chinese restaurant for the whole summer vacation so as to earn enough money for his tuition.
A. take off
B. take over
C. take up
D. take out
50. He does not _____ as a teacher of English as his pronunciation is terrible.
26-30 DBBCB 31-35 ABABD 36-40 CBBA A 41-45 CACA C 46-50 CDDBD